I was recently nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award by Sydny of The Cathey Home blog, which focuses on motherhood and productivity. She is also on Instagram, Pinterest and Facebook. The Sunshine Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who they find inspiring, positive and creative. I am extremely honored to receive this and pass it on! Thank you, Sydny!
Here are the rules for “The Sunshine Blogger Award”
- Thank blogger(s) who nominated you in the blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.
Here is the Q&A from my nomination:
What’s your least favorite thing about blogging? Having to think about how to monetize a blog to justify spending so much time on it.
Do you have any tattoos? No. I don’t like needles and it would be too difficult for me to decide what to choose and where it would go.
What time of year is your favorite? Fall. We live in Phoenix so after the scorching summer, the cooler temperatures are a relief. Plus, the changing colors of the leaves are beautiful.
Did you have a favorite toy as a child? That was such a long time ago, it’s difficult to remember, but a stuffed bear named Buffy comes to mind. My younger sister and I spent a lot of time creating characters and acting out stories, either with ourselves or with our stuffed animals and dolls.
What’s your favorite alcoholic drink (if you drink, if not your favorite non-alcoholic drink is fine)? Tropical drinks with rum while sitting somewhere with a beautiful view.
Whose your celebrity crush? Definitely Rick Springfield, since I was about 12. I’ve been fortunate to meet him a few times, but they’ve been very brief interactions. I’d love to sit down and have a conversation with him.
If you could change your name, what name would you give yourself? When I was in high school, I changed the spelling of my first name from Lisa to Leisah because there was always at least one other Lisa in my class so I think I got that out of my system.
What are you most afraid of? Two things: Failing at helping my kids develop into productive, happy mensches. Not doing my part to make the world a better place.
What is a skill you’d like to learn and why? Time management because it seems like there’s never enough time to do everything I want or need to do.
Would you choose $250k in spending money or a dream home that was paid off? Spending money – our family would pack our bags and do some travelling! And I’d professionally record some of the songs I’ve written.
Are you always early or late? I’m usually late, but I always strive to be on time. The few times I’ve been early, I was surprised to discover that few people actually come on time.
To keep the award going, I nominate the following 11 bloggers (in no particular order):
- Rose @GypsyRoseFree
- The Woods Family @UsLivingLife
- Samantha @Unlazylike
- Kelan and Brittany @TheSavvyCouple
- Nobody’s Princess @NB_Princess101
- Tanya @tawnyk22
- Leslie @ModernOrgBlog
- The Stennetts Family @est2008family
- Aimee @StandTallMama
- Bernadettte @ThisHouseOfBoys
Questions for my nominees:
1. What are three things that inspire you?
2. Why did you start your blogging journey?
3. How do you hope to inspire others?
4. What type of songs are on your playlist?
5. What do you hope to accomplish over the next year?
6. What is the last book you read?
7. If you could travel anywhere in the world, all-expenses paid, where would you go and what would you do there?
8. If you could meet any celebrity, who would it be?
9. If you could give two tips to aspiring bloggers, what would they be?
10. What would you do if you won a million dollars?
11. What brings sunshine into your life?
I look forward to reading the answers! Please tag me on Twitter when you’ve posted your blog so I can read them!
Thanks again, Sydny for the nomination!